Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries. About Abbott
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbotts Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies. In this role, you will provide personalized Face-2-Face training to Acelis Connected Healths home testing customers on obtaining a finger stick blood sample, operating the PT/INR products and reporting responsibilities. The position of trainer is per-diem and state/city specific.
This job description will be reviewed periodically and is subject to change by management. RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Trainer will:
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION:
- Remotely set up training appointment directly with the customer/caregiver
- Travel to the customers home setting within the general geographic location of the Trainer's home
- Remotely demonstrate and instruct the customer and/or their caregiver on the proper use and care of the PT/INR equipment
- Explain test reporting options
- Communicate and present themselves in a professional manner
- Accurately document and submit patient training records
- Maintain communications with Acelis Connected Health by cell phone, email and internet access
- Utilize secure encrypted email to communicate anything that includes customers PHI
- Have reliable transportation
- Conduct virtual training during public health emergency (PHE) extension but is subject to change
COMPETENCIES/ EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS
- The Trainer must have clinical experience. Current Registered Nurse.
- Direct experience/exposure to anticoagulation management, homecare or allied health is preferred
- Health education training experience a definite plus
- No lifting over 15 pounds required without assistance
- Completion of assigned educational prerequisites required
- Proof of health screening documentation
- Web based and interactive training provided by Acelis Connected Health
- Successful completion of a consumer report (background check) and pre-employment drug screening
- Computer and Smart Device proficiency
- Proficient in basic website and application troubleshooting using smart device
- Travel a minimum of 100 miles roundtrip required
- Florida trainers only - there is an additional background step required for the state of Florida.
An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
- RN- Juneau, AK
- RN- Fairbanks, AK
- RN- Ketchikan, AK
- RN- Anchorage, AK
Connect with us at , on LinkedIn at , on Facebook at and on
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call or email