Area Building Maintenance Technician
Property Restoration & Maintenance
Worcester, Dudley, Kidderminster, Evesham, Droitwich Spa, Stourbridge (DY/WR/HR Postcodes)
£23,000 - £25,000 Basic Salary + Vehicle + competitive overtime & on call bonus + great ongoing training scheme
- This market leader is looking to strengthen their skilled operational field-based team
- Rewarding, challenging, & interesting role offering daily variety.
- Excellent on-going company training with future career progression.
- Great opportunity to utilise your hands on practical & communication skills.
The Company recruiting for the Area Building Maintenance Technician:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing & successful organisation. This business has grown over the last decade & are in a fortunate position to be able to strengthen its field based technical support team. Being established for over 45 years, they are proud of their company ethos. They are looking to recruit a hands-on practical candidate with strong communication skills & offer excellent ongoing training & benefits package including competitive overtime & on call compensation.
The Role of the Area Building Maintenance Technician:
Based from home, you will be covering a local territory daily, visiting a range of damaged properties based within the building & construction sector. After training, you will be expected to conduct site surveys & assessments of damaged properties & possessions. You need to be confident using basic IT apps & functions. After the assessment, you will be responsible for beginning the restoration process. There will be a degree of manual handling alongside using & transporting specialist machinery such as dehumidifiers, pumps & fans to monitor the property & limit long term complications.
The Candidate for Area Building Maintenance Technician:
The successful candidate needs to be able to demonstrate a good strong work ethic. You will need to be flexible with regards to working hours as on occasions you will need to work overtime. Having good communication skills, you will need to be able to use modern technology (smart phone/laptop) for standard work functions. The role involves some hands on & physical work, so you need to be prepared & willing undertake these duties. Previous candidates have been successful from a building, construction, armed forces background, or looking for a career change in a hands-on role.
- Hardworking, practical & the ability to be flexible with working hours (of which you will be compensated)
- Good verbal, written & reading, communication skills
- Basic IT literacy is essential
- Interest in building & construction roles.
- A full driving license with no more than 6 points
- You must live on a DY or WR postcode
- Able / happy to undergo a basic DBS check
The Package for the Area Building Maintenance Technician:
- £23,000 - £25,000 basic salary, depending on experience
- Training courses with pay rises
- Company performance related bonus
- Typically between £200-£300 per month in overtime.
- Full time, permanent position with ongoing overtime & on-call bonus
- Expensed vehicle, pension, tools, uniform & full PPE & ongoing training
- 25 days holiday plus stats
Please apply for this job online if you are interested and feel you fit the above criteria. The company are doing first interviews immediately and if you have any questions, please contact Dave or Callum at TalentTech Recruitment Ltd.