Assistant Deli Manager
Responsible for the receiving product and ensures that aisles/freezers and refrigerators are stocked, labeled, clean and delivered product is packed out, and proper customer service is provided. 50% or more of the job is manual labor.
- Ensure proper customer service and works to develop relationships with large customers.
- Supervises and works together with Deli Supervisor (if applicable) and Stocker/s to assure that shelves are stocked and merchandise is rotated.
- Assists in developing schedules, monitors performance and recommends the proper discipline as appropriate including termination.
- Trains employees in job responsibilities and safe operating procedures and interviews candidates and recommends for hires.
- Ensures that employees are performing the proper inspections to meet HACCP regulations as well as conducting periodic HACCP audits.
- Reviews inventory for product rotation on a daily basis to prevent shrinkage and damages.
- Ensures that shelf pricing is correct and reflects the most recent pricing and market conditions.
- Supervises and works alongside the Stocker/s in the receiving of all deli products and ensures that the proper paperwork is completed.
- Maintains accurate computer inventory levels by having physical inventories performed on a regular basis and adjustments made.
- Maintains refrigerated equipment and makes sure maintenance contracts and schedules are followed.
- Supervises the ordering of deli products from vendors on a regular basis to assure we have competitive pricing and minimal shrink due to spoilage and not have too much inventory on hand.
- Makes sure all the employees in the department can work the equipment such as Toledo scale and Dennison label machine.
- Coordinates that the pallets stored in the racks have the proper block and date tags.
- Follows program to maintain the cleanliness of the area by a regular maintenance schedule of scrubbing, and pulling out pallets and cleaning underneath.
MKE-04 WS-04 WS-LC Schedule
Shift start: 7:00AM Benefits
Shift length: 8 - 9 hours
flexible shifts available.
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 90 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
- Must pass drug screen (cannabis included)
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old
Bachelor's Degree or high school diploma/GED with at least 4 years experience in customer service Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and general public Ability to calculate figures, and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, mass and volume. Effective oral and written communication skills. High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situation and documentation. Computer Literacy About Restaurant Depot
Restaurant Depot is a Members-Only Wholesale Cash & Carry Foodservice Supplier. Their mission is to be your one-stop shop for savings, selection, and service, seven days a week. They have been supplying independent food businesses with quality products from large cash and carry warehouse stores since 1990. They became the leading low-cost alternative to other foodservice suppliers by eliminating the overhead of a traditional distributor, focusing on the needs of independent foodservice operators and offering free membership.