REPORTS TO: General Manager
POSITION STATUS: Hourly Non-Exempt
Position Summary: An Assistant General Manager contributes to the success of The Company by overseeing food production, guest service, team member performance, restaurant cleanliness and administrative duties of the restaurant.
Essential Functions: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The duties and responsibilities listed below are those that must be met to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or religious needs to perform an essential function.
Hourly Paid Position: Assistant General Managers in California (CA AGMs) are paid by the hour and will receive overtime pay according to state regulations. They are required to clock in and out and take breaks and will receive rest periods according to state regulations.
Guest Experience: Assists with maintaining maximum sales and customer satisfaction by overseeing the production of quality food and beverage served by a service-focused team.
Quality Food and Beverage:
- Set up your shifts by conducting line checks and bi-weekly PPQCs on your shifts. Prepare and print daily prep sheets as needed, oversee prep duties as directed.
- Regularly expedite the pass bar to assist in training, monitoring, coaching and encouraging team members on quality food production, plating, prep, temperature standards and ticket times on your shifts. Follow through on restaurant plans to improve guest satisfaction scores for food quality and speed of service as directed.
- Set up your shift by completing a FOH log, make station assignments, schedule breaks and conduct a pre-shift meeting to communicate game a plan and motivate the team to ensure satisfaction scores are continually improving.
- Work the floor and make contact with each guest by visiting their table once during the dining experience to establish a management presence, evaluate levels of service and coach team members in providing guest satisfaction.
- Follow up and resolve all guest complaints received on your shifts. Pass along compliments. Log guest comments in the Manager's log.
Proper Staffing/Quality and Quantity:
- Understand and adhere to The Company application process. Provide information to candidates who inquired about applying at the restaurant.
- Be familiar with all FOH POS labor reports to anticipate volumes and use scheduled labor wisely on your shifts. Assist team members as needed to increase productivity. Be responsible for finding a replacement for team member call ins that occur on your shift.
- Assist your General Manager in developing team member schedules by providing input on required staff based on sales volumes, training needs, and team member skill levels.
- CA AGMs may fill other hourly positions for the purpose of providing breaks to other team members or for the needs of the restaurant.
Team Management and Development: Assist with developing and supervising talented people by providing training and motivation. Promote team member relations through consistent implementation of company personnel policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all team members receive full and complete training following The Company established training programs and conduct ongoing training as directed by the General Manager. Along with the General Manager, develop and train qualified team trainers.
- Along with the General Manager, evaluate team member performance. Write and present reviews for team members that you work with.
- Attend and participate in weekly manager meeting as directed by the General Manager.
- Motivate staff by providing daily praise and coaching feedback on team member performance on your shifts. Assist in maintaining company recognition and reward programs such as the 100 Club, anniversary, certification, guest feedback comments, company contests, company promotions, and store's recognition programs.
Human Resources Management and Compliance:
- Ensure a safe and harassment free work environment. Ensure all government mandated compliance rules are followed on your shift. Ensure that team member policies as stated in The Company handbook are upheld and incidents are properly reported on your shift.
- Assist with maintaining the restaurant's turnover rate at or below company average.
- Write and present team member development plans and/or disciplinary action for those on your shifts.
Sanitation and Cleanliness: Assist in maintaining established restaurant system to ensure to ensure the safety of our product, our guests and our team members.
- Oversee the completion of shift sidework and deep cleaning assignments and monitor personal hygiene and uniform standards on your shifts.
- Communicate restaurant's equipment problems to the General Manager.
- Assist in conducting safety orientation and food safety training for new team members and monitor team member safety practices each shift.
- Conduct FOH and BOH check each shift you work to ensure proper temperatures, storage and handling practices for The Company food items.
- Conduct safety orientations and food safety training for new team members and monitor team member safety practices each shift. Assist with maintaining the restaurant's safety program and safety committee.
Financial Management: Assist with building sales through community involvement, implementing company marketing and maintaining high guest service scores while maintaining food, labor and other costs in accordance with company policies, procedures and operating practices. Practice analyzing cost and developing action plans.
- Assist with maximizing sales by monitoring The Company Service Steps and menu production on your shifts.
- Assist with managing labor on your shifts using available labor reports. Assist with controlling food cost and waste on your shifts. Assist with maintaining the restaurant's other controllable budget as directed.
- Assist with entering food orders, inventory counts and team member schedules.
- Actively develop and implement plans for improving the restaurant's guest satisfaction scores.
- Properly complete shift and day close duties on your shifts and complete shiftly, daily, weekly and period accounting duties as assigned. Follow The Company Security and Banking Procedures and The Company Cash-Handling Procedures.
- Properly execute restaurant systems on your shifts.
- Ensure that company communications are properly and effectively communicated on your shifts.
- Develop your verbal and written communication skills.
- Inform the General Manager of any restaurant concerns you have about product, procedures or team members in a timely manner.
Other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- Seasoned Judgment: Takes all critical information into account when making decisions; make timely, decisions.
- Coach and Develop: Accurately assesses strengths and development needs of team members; gives timely, specific feedback, and helpful coaching.
- Inspiring Trust: Earns the confidence and trust of others; shows consistency between words, and actions; delivers on commitments; produces high-quality work and demonstrates high standards of ethical conduct; protects confidential information.
- Foster Open Communication: Creates an atmosphere in which timely and high quality information flows smoothly between self and others; encourages the open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Attracting and Developing Talent: Accurately appraises the strengths and weaknesses of others; provides constructive feedback; assists in developing successors and talent pools.
- Driving Execution: Monitors results; tackles problems directly and with a sense of urgency.
- Professionalism: Consistently treats individual with dignity and respect, recognizing the importance of cultural differences. Embraces, communicates and demonstrates company values and ethics. Maintains reasonable expectations of self and others when balancing time and performance demands with personal and professional needs.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Able to read, write and communicate English well.
- Possess basic math skills needed to balance the till and complete banking duties.
- Able to drive and hold a valid state drivers license.
- Able to direct, motivate and interact with team members.
- Possess reasoning abilities needed to direct team members, monitor service and food production.
- Able to obtain and maintain an alcohol service permit.
While performing the duties of this position the team member is required to stand and walk continuously for 8-10 hours. Team member will sit occasionally each hour. Team member will continuously be performing hand and wrist work including grasping. Team member will frequently bend and twist. Team member will occasionally push and pull, do fine hand manipulation, reach above the shoulder and kneel or squat. The position seldom requires climb/stairs. Team member will continuously lift or carry 0-10 pounds; frequently lift or carry 11-15 pounds and rarely lift 16-20 pounds. Team member will occasionally use fine manipulation for keyboarding.