Take the lead in keeping our stores safe and sparkling.
Are you a super cleaner who takes pride in the quality of your work? Do you want to play a key role on the team that creates a fantastic first impression for Dierbergs stores? Do you love being on the go and sharing a friendly smile with everyone you encounter? If so, you're the one we need as Assistant Janitorial Manager
In this entry-level management role, you'll support our Janitorial Manager in preparing stores before opening through deep cleaning and then keeping them in top shape throughout the day. Your responsibilities will include:
Why Dierbergs is different
- Maintaining total store appearance by polishing floors, cleaning restrooms, removing trash, maintaining light fixtures and handling any spills
- Helping to mentor, coach and lead other janitorial staff by providing supervision and feedback, as well as setting a great example by always going above and beyond
- Working safely with proper floor-care techniques and use of hazard cones and wet floor signs, safe use of equipment and chemicals, and adherence to all safety guidelines
What you need to succeed
- Dierbergs is ranked in the Top 5 of supermarkets for cleanliness by Consumer Reports, which speaks volumes about our dedicated team. We want you to share and help us build on that accolade.
- The janitorial team in each store is like a small family. In addition, you'll enjoy interacting with Associates in every department across the store, as well as with friendly customers.
- You will be treated with respect and valued for keeping our store immaculate. Unlike some jobs, this role at Dierbergs offers room for growth, including advancement into managerial roles and opportunities beyond environmental services.
- You'll work 40 hours per week. We clean before stores open and keep them clean during operating hours (most stores are open until 11pm).
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of maintenance equipment and chemicals
- A strong work ethic, with the independence to tackle a list of scheduled duties and the initiative to react to issues that arise during the day
What's in it for you?
- Lifting & Carrying - Up to 50 lbs occasionally
- Pushing & Pulling- Up to 50 lbs of force occasionally
- Occasional - Sit, handling, crawling, climbing, overhead reach, & power grip
- Frequent - Stand, walk, head turn, kneel, stoop, squat, forward reach, side reach, grasp, pinch, finger manipulation, & feel
- Medical and dental .401(k) plan .vacation and personal days
- Weekly paychecks - yes, we are going to pay you every single week!
- Work/life balance and flexible scheduling so you can have a life, too
- Training and growth potential to help you reach your career goals with us
- Discounts at the Starbucks kiosks inside some of our locations
- Wellness initiatives, Associate appreciation and volunteer opportunities to keep you engaged and involved
This description is representative only and is not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate in the position may be required to perform.