Description: Why Tides Medical?
Joining Tides Medical means being a part of a health care team who is passionate about serving others, values integrity and quality, and excellent customer relationships Purpose of Position
Under the direction of the Processing Supervisor, the Associate Processing Technician
will perform hands-on execution of all activities in the manufacturing area including the processing and packaging of human tissue products for transplantation Essential Functions of the Areas of Responsibility
Perform the following in accordance with AATB, FDA, and Tides Medical stated policies and procedures while upholding Tides Medical's mission and corporate values.
General Responsibilities (administrative assistant exemption)
- Maintain confidentiality of all records and information, which pertains to donors, families, employees, the organization and related areas.
- Aseptically process tissue while maintaining cleanliness of the cleanroom
- Train on gowning, gloving, and surgical scrub
- Cleans and sanitize work area, all equipment and all supplies
- Document all processing activities completely and accurately on processing paperwork.
- Accurately measure, label and package tissue
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain appropriate inventories of supplies within the production area.
- Identify key areas of interest in processing
- Ability to Interact professionally at multiple levels
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload
Work with all Tides team members to keep the office running smoothly. This includes pitching in and helping with answering the phone, taking messages, cleaning of common areas, providing assistance to customers, re-stocking printer ink and paper, re-stocking packing supplies, making coffee, etc.
Key Qualifications, Requirements, and Attributes
- Work well with others and not create undue office stress or conflicts.
- Be a practical problem solver and work independently.
- Be truthful in all aspects of conduct and communications.
- Be respectful of other employees and not engage in speech or conduct that is discriminatory.
Physical, Mental, Environmental Demands
- Demonstrated history of working cooperatively in a team environment.
- A High School degree with preferred experience in one of the following areas:
- Experience in a hospital/veterinary operating room environment.
- Experience in a regulated environment (regulated manufacturing, hospitals, government agencies, quality control)
- Experience with the handling and manipulation of soft tissues, dissection and/or taxidermy.
- A valid drivers' license with an insurable clean driving record.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; excellent attention to detail and experience coordinating multiple activities.
- Stable work experience.
- Accurate writing skills, familiar with good documentation practices for legal records.
- Needs to be able to follow directions and follow up with questions to ensure understanding.
- Following procedure and not deviating from the routine process.
- Detail oriented, completes the job in its entirety and accurately documents the process on a routine basis.
- Must be able to stand for the full duration of a shift
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds
- Must be able to write clearly and legibly
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload
- Must be able to complete tasks independently
- Must be able to work in an isolated cleanroom for 4 hours at a time
Covid-19 vaccination required, reasonable accommodations as per the ADA are considered.