An opportunity has arisen at one of Exeter's very top law firms, for an experienced Commercial / IP Solicitor or Lawyer. This is a great opportunity to join a leading law firm with an international presence, but still with that South-West culture that allows for work-life balance.
In one of the most up-market office buildings in Exeter, within a fantastic central location, as well as flexibility to work from home for part of the week, this firm leads with innovation and forward-thinking. This firm are THE best payers in Exeter and also offer an amazing and comprehensive benefits package, which I believe to be unrivalled in Exeter. This really is a fantastic opportunity to become a part of one of the most prestigious Top 100 firms in the country!
The department offers our clients access to a full range of corporate and commercial legal services, advising on a range of commercial matters for business clients, from start-ups, SMEs and larger corporates to family businesses and a range of public sector clients (including standard terms and conditions, partnership agreements, joint ventures, development agreements, bespoke service contracts and IT/data issues). The team also further supports public sector clients on commercial issues including outsourcing, public sector companies and commercialisation.
Working as part of a high-performing national and growing regional team, the new recruit will advise clients operating in a variety of sectors on a diverse range of commercial matters. The Corporate/Commercial department is supported by specialists in our other departments, including banking, tax, employment and intellectual property.
The role will include a range of key activities to include providing a first-class service to clients, proactive marketing/profile raising, exceptional client and team/office management.
Tasks will include:
- Advising on a range of commercial agreements;
- Drafting a range of commercial documents and advise on key areas of risk dependent on sector area of client;
- Advising on partnership and joint venture agreements;
- Advising on outsourcing arrangements;
- Advising on ad hoc day-to-day commercial queries from our varied client base;
- Supporting General Counsel on business critical projects in designated timeframes;
- An understanding of GDPR, EU procurement and public law helpful but not essential;
- Initiating, building and maintaining effective client relationships;
- Ensuring files are managed in compliance with Lexcel procedures;
- Promotions, and co-managing quarterly check-ins; attending periodic meetings of the International Corporate and Partner Groups to discuss strategy, marketing and coordinating inter-office team support.
- Pro-active participation in department and firm-wide marketing initiatives.
Experience and skills required:
- 3-8 PQE within Corporate / Commercial matters
- An innovative approach
- Strong client focus
- Proven ability to manage files and take on responsibility
- Strong interpersonal skills and a credible approach
- Drive and motivation
- Commercial awareness
Hours and Benefits:
- 09:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday
- Flexibility to work from home up to 3 days per week (minimum of 2 days in the office)
- 25 days holiday
- £2,500 relocation expense programme for anyone wanting to relocate to Exeter
- 2 x discretionary bonuses each year
- Life Assurance
- Free eye tests
- Free health screening
- Dental insurance scheme
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Flexi-holiday scheme (buy or sell up to 5 days of holiday each year)
- Agile working day (work from home 1 day a week)
- Long service awards
- Vitality Health Private Medical Insurance
- Annual salary reviews
- Discounted legal services, including Wills
- Business travel insurance
- Cycle2Work scheme
- and more...
To apply, please submit your application or alternatively please contact James at Aspiria Recruit (contact details on the Aspiria Recruit website)