Fixed Term Contract until 31st December 2023
Part Time (16 hours per week)
We are looking for a positive and supportive Children and Young Person Worker to deliver person-centered, strengths-based support to children and young people who are affected by domestic violence and abuse.
- Carrying out initial needs assessments with both mothers and children.
- Undertaking risk assessments manage risk with children and young people, including the development of safety plans.
- Producing individual support plans for each child or young person.
- Facilitating children and young people's access to other resources and services such as social services or doctors.
- Planning and providing play opportunities to encourage children and young people to develop and express themselves through play.
- Building supporting relationships with children and young people, as well as good relationships with parents, developing effective partnership working.
- Leading on CYP safeguarding issues and building relationships with local safeguarding teams.
The ideal candidate:
- Level 3 qualification i.e. NNEB, Health and Social Care, or equivalent
- Experience using a Housing Management system and able to use Microsoft packages.
- Experience working with children and young people.
- Experience organisation and providing appropriate play and activities.
- Experience with caseload management.
- In-depth understanding of the impact of domestic violence on children and young people.
- An understanding on health and safety requirements and a commitment to compliance in safeguarding and child protection.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
Appointment to this role will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Check, satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
Female applicants only under an exemption from the Equality Act 2010 - Section 9 - Part 1 (A) as a genuine occupational requirement.
Stonewater is a leading housing provider. We manage around 33,600 homes, serving 75,000 customers across our portfolio of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation, with an ambitious house-building programme.
Our mission is to provide quality homes and services for people whose needs are not met by the open market.
We're looking for like-minded people to join our team of over 800 talented colleagues who embody our values of being ethical, ambitious, passionate, agile and commercial, as well as people who want to make a difference and transform people's lives.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and working towards accreditation for becoming a Disability Confident Leader, which allows us to record and report on disability, mental health and wellbeing in the workplace to better support our colleagues. We have also achieved accreditation for being an Advanced Employer for Investing in Ethnicity Maturity Matrix. We are committed to being a Menopause Friendly employer and working towards accreditation our Menopause Friendly accreditation.
Are you ready to ?
Stonewater reserve the right to bring the closing date forward should enough quality applications be received prior to the current closing date.