We specialise in helping clients solve difficult and interesting problems, so we look for people who thrive on intellectual challenge, can roll up their sleeves to delve into issues and get satisfaction from helping clients, conduct a thorough analysis of a problem and translate that into practical advice.
We are looking for a Consultant to join our thriving Hong Kong Practice to deliver high quality, specialist advice to our Asset Management / Funds clients in Hong Kong, Mainland China and overseas. The successful candidate will also participate in marketing and business development to ensure that the team maintains a sufficient pipeline of client work, as well as assist with technical research and producing technical materials.
The Hong Kong Practice gives specialist advice on regulatory requirements to Bovill's clients. They support clients through the entire regulatory cycle - obtaining the appropriate licence, putting in place fit-for-purpose, commercially-minded Compliance Frameworks, meeting the expectations of relevant Regulators on an ongoing basis, and implementing regulatory change projects.
The successful candidate will provide support primarily to Hedge Fund Managers, but also be able to provide coverage and support for our asset management clients in other asset classes, such as Private Equity. There will also be opportunity to work with other Bovill clients on a project basis, including in other sectors and in specialist fields such as AML.
Successful candidates will:
- Provide advice and support to clients on a wide range of regulatory compliance matters which may include:
- drafting policies, procedures and templates,
- writing training material and delivering training sessions,
- liaising with the regulator on behalf of / regarding the client,
- conducting client interviews,
- assisting with regulatory matters including licencing applications,
- compiling and submitting regulatory returns and filings or preparing comprehensive reports
- Act as the main point of contact and relationship manager for a portfolio of clients
- Develop a thorough understanding of clients' businesses and requirements so you can provide relevant and accurate advice
- Build and maintain professional working relationships with clients, trade bodies and the regulator(s)
- Actively seek to increase Bovill's pipeline by targeting new clients, as well as managing existing client relationships to maximise opportunities for up-selling and cross-selling
- Prepare well-presented, accurately priced proposals and present these to prospective clients
- Represent the firm at industry events, promoting the Bovill brand
- Participate in internal events and training sessions such as client briefings and roundtable events etc.
Successful applicants will have:
- Recent in-house compliance experience of at least 5 years in a fund manager, or in another professional services company
- Demonstrate deep understanding of both the business issues in the Asset Management sector across a range of asset classes, as well as the key regulatory challenges faced
- A strong technical understanding of the relevant aspects of the SFC rules and regulations, and of the regulatory pipeline is critical, for example the FMCC.
- Deep knowledge of the regulatory requirements applying to Asset Managers is imperative.
- Knowledge of wider regional or global requirements would be advantageous
- A degree, ideally in a relevant subject
- The ability to speak Cantonese is essential. Mandarin would also be desirable.
- A broad understanding and an appetite to keep learning
Bovill Hong Kong is a key part of our global strategy. However, the office is small and therefore needs to leverage the resources of Bovill Singapore and the other global offices (London and New York). An ability to foster good working relationships with global colleagues is therefore critical.
You'll also have responsibility for building the pipeline by generating new leads and leveraging existing relationships to maximise opportunities for up/cross-selling. Therefore, prior experience in consulting or business development is essential.
Given the technical nature of the work we do, exceptional written and oral communication skills, and high attention-to-detail are paramount.
In return we offer:
- The opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial, fast moving, stimulating environment
- Strong career development support - mentoring, coaching, relevant training and development
- The opportunity to work closely with, and learn from, our global team of regulatory experts who are truly committed to assisting your development
- A small informal company environment with minimal bureaucracy
- A competitive salary, performance-related discretionary bonus, and generous benefits package