Apply for this job now
Cyber Security Technical Analyst
- Radford, Virginia
- Job Type
- 8 Sep 2022
Apply for this job now
Mid-Level CyberSecurity Technical Analyst
Location: On-site, Radford, VA
DOD Interim Secret clearance, as a minimum
This position is for an Entry-Level to Mid-Level Cybersecurity analyst, supporting the Cybersecurity division Network Defense team in providing technical cybersecurity support to all hosted customers. We are a Managed Service Provider for Army and DoD IT Systems and Services
• Equivalent to 2 or more years of experience in cybersecurity technology or a related field.
• Meets contract min. education experience requirements
• DOD Interim Secret clearance, as a minimum
• DoD 8570.01-M IAT level II is required (i.e., CompTIA Security+).
• Computing Environment (CE) Certification (i.e., MCSE, Server+, etc.) required within 6 months of assignment of duties.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organization skills to prioritize work, maintain project schedules and manage tasks to ensure completion of projects within the established schedules.
• Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel, and team members
• Ability to work independently and as part of a global team
• Basic understanding of Risk Management Framework (RMF) process.
• Understanding of basic IT security and networking concepts.
• Knowledge of DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM)
• Perform vulnerability scanning of computer systems using DoD and Army authorized security scanning software.
• Analyze results of vulnerability scans to determine vulnerabilities and develop operational plans to remediate or mitigate vulnerabilities as they are discovered.
• Perform Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) review to ensure mandatory patches are installed on network devices.
• Assist customers with understanding vulnerability scan reports and provide guidance on remediation steps.
• Utilize ServiceNow ticketing system as well as other workflow and document repository systems to track and maintain tasks.
• Assist with account review process, ensuring all requirements are in place prior to granting system access.
• Ensure new hires complete mandatory training and complete required forms as part of onboarding.
• Install, operate, and maintain Army Endpoint Security System.
• Receive, review, and act on Army Cyber Tasking Orders.
• Perform Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) token management activities to ensure workforce has appropriate PKI tokens.
• Maintain Cybersecurity training and certification program using the Army Training and Certification Tracking System.
• Assist customers in obtaining and maintaining RMF and other certifications as required.
• Review and document change requests and determine approval or denial of requests.
• Complete regular training to meet DoD and Army requirements for operating security software (AESS and ACAS) and accessing PKI system.
- Job Reference: 707258142-2
- Date Posted: 8 September 2022
- Recruiter: Get Me the Gig
- Location: Radford, Virginia
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Government & Defence
- Job Type: Permanent