HKEX is on an exciting journey of transforming our data landscape. Data and Analytics, part of the Innovation and Data Lab, aims to empower the staff and clients of HKEX with the use of data, and to improve the efficiency and profitability of HKEX's business with data-driven decisions. An exciting time lies ahead and we are now inviting an experienced Data Science Engineer to join our team. The position we offer:
As a Data Science Engineer, you will develop, maintain, test and evaluate data and statistical modelling solutions within our cloud-based Big Data Platform. You will also be involved in the design of solutions using statistical analysis and predictive modelling techniques to address priority business challenges.
You should have strong problem-solving ability and a strong background in statistical analysis. The right candidate should preferably also have a strong understanding of financial products and be able to align our data to drive our business goals. Key responsibilities include:
The qualifications you need:
- Mine and analyze data on our Big Data and Analytics platform to drive optimization and improvement of product development, market structure development and business strategies
- Interpret and analyze data problems, and develop and deploy exploratory data analytics models
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize client experience, revenue generation, product targeting and other business outcomes.
- Ensure data quality and integrity
- Visualize data and create reports
- Experiment with new models and techniques
We expect the ideal candidate to have 6 or more years of experience in data engineering/data science and to be a complex problem solver. You should be able to write production code in Python, Matlab and R and have strong interests in the latest data analysis and visualization techniques.
Furthermore, you must have:
- Data driven thinking
- Experience in design and implementation of exploratory and statistical data analytics
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in cross functional teams
- Delivery focus with strong business mind-set
- A Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics or similar field
Preferably you also have:
- Strong understanding of machine learning techniques, graph analysis
- Experience in Apache Arrow and Anaconda
- Experience in the Financial Services industry or a finance background
- Solid knowledge of SQL
- Experience in in-memory data processing
You will be joining a cross functional team in a highly international environment based in Hong Kong, London and Shenzhen.
Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.