Acorn Children's Club is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced deputy manager. Acorn is a long-established children's club providing care for children before and after school and during school holidays.
Salary is £12 per hour. 20 hours per week (plus additional hours from breakfast and holiday clubs).
- Breakfast Club Hours are 7.30am - 9.00am Mondays to Fridays term time only
- After School Club Hours: 2.30pm - 6.00pm Mondays to Thursdays term time only
Must have a childcare qualification at, or above, level 3 as demonstrated by a nationally recognised childcare certificate such as NVQ, Play work CACHE, Early Years, NNEB, PGCE, BEd, or other relevant childcare or child development qualification.
Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in an Early Years environment along with direct experience of preparing for and undergoing an Ofsted inspection.
Must also have a certificate in Paediatric First Aid (12 hour).
Successful applicant will be expected to:
- Help lead an effective team delivering a high quality, flexible childcare service that meets the needs of the children and their families
- Deputise for the manager
- Help with day to day management of the club
- Provide a safe, stimulating environment for the children, with creative and appropriate play opportunities
- Must know and understand Ofsted standards and the Early Years Foundation Stage framework.
- Sound knowledge of child protection procedures including safeguarding and paediatric first aid.
- Ensure all the policies and procedures are maintained at all the times.
- Experience working with 4-11 year olds
- Good communication skills
- Experience of administration
- Competent in using IT to support play and club administration - Email, Word, Excel, Quickbooks
All staff need to pass strict safeguarding checks, including an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £12.00 per hour