Apply for this job now
Engineering Technician - Training Provided
- Jacksonville, Florida
- $21.00 Per Hour
- Job Type
- 8 Sep 2022
Apply for this job now
Training and Employment Program
with a Fortune 50 Company
Paid Training and Employment Program
Apply today, space is limited. Transform your life!
Start Date: October 17th, 2022
Be a Part of the WOS Team!
Working for WOS is more than a job, it's the start of a new career, a unique opportunity to develop your skills through training and individual mentorship. Founded in 2005, Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) is a leading nonprofit organization committed to developing the skills of untapped talent from historically underrepresented communities through partnerships with organizations dedicated to diversifying their workforce. This includes people of color, women, veterans, first-generation college graduates, and early-career aspirants.
How We Do It
WOS uses a scientifically-based model derived from research conducted at Columbia University that enables us to recruit, educate, train, and place high-potential candidates with leading organizations around the world. To date, WOS has served 6000+ individuals through partnerships with more than 65 corporations in 60+ locations worldwide. For more information, visit wforce.org.
WOS is looking for enthusiastic individuals to work as an Engineering Technician. As an Engineering Technician, you will coordinate innovative change across all manufacturing assets through both equipment upgrades and equipment optimization. You will apply Lean Six Sigma manufacturing asset management and reliability engineering tools and techniques to optimize manufacturing equipment efficiency, cycle-time, yield as well as reliability, availability, longevity, operational safety and overall total cost of ownership.
This is the right opportunity for you if you have any background or experience in troubleshooting, Robotics, HVAC, Sensors, Electrical or Mechanical you are strongly encouraged to apply. Let us help you to catapult your career to the next level!
What to Expect:
• Paid Job Specific Training: If selected, you will receive FOUR weeks of job specific training held at Florida State College at Jacksonville.
• October 17th, 2022 - November 11th, 2022 - Academic Training
• On The Job Training (OJT) - Beginning November 14th, 2022
• Additional six months of interpersonal training to unlock the talent within
• As the training is essential to the success of the position, the candidate should ensure there are no schedule conflicts.
• Individual Mentorship:
• WOS provides one-on-one mentorship with each participant to remove barriers and ensure your success
• Must have a flexible availability. Shift assignments may vary.
• Participants must be available for both the Academic Training and OJT. No vacations or time off will be permitted during either training period.
• WOS Employment:
• Once training is completed successfully, you will become a WOS employee for 9 months until conversion to a Full-Time employee at our partner company.
• Conversion to Full-Time employee is dependent upon meeting performance metrics.
• Paid Training: Each participant will receive $625.00/week during Academic Training
• Pay: $21.00/Hour during OJT / Full-Time Employment
• Free individual health insurance for WOS employees
• Paid holidays and vacation days
• Upon successful completion of the program, begin your career at a Fortune 50 Company
• Learn to successfully work in a corporate workspace
• This opportunity offers upward mobility and a chance to advance into team lead, supervisor and manager
What you will do:
• Qualifies new equipment and performs vendor and site acceptance testing to meet project objectives
• Liaison with teams of inside and outside designers, consultants, and contractors
• Prepares equipment, process, safety and materials specifications and conducts technical analysis of vendor proposals
• Performs concept analysis and justification of capital projects and run capital project executions
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management
• Ability to work in a multi-functional/matrix team is required
• Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills is required
• This position requires a highly motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal and prioritization skills
• Jacksonville, FL
Founded in 2005, Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) is a leading 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to developing the skills of untapped talent from underserviced communities through partnerships with organizations dedicated to diversifying their workforce. This includes people of color, women, veterans, first-generation college graduates, and early-career aspirants.
- Job Reference: 707267850-2
- Date Posted: 8 September 2022
- Recruiter: Workforce Opportunity Services
- Location: Jacksonville, Florida
- Salary: $21.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Trades & Services
- Job Type: Permanent