Avenues is a community where people smile, laugh, grow and achieve great things, we know that well-supported people support people well, which makes them want to do their very best for the people we support, and achieve our vision.
If you are looking for your next social care role, or a change in career, long-term stability, career growth and a feel-good reward, then this is the role for you, and we would love to hear from you!
We welcome applications from everyone who wants to make a difference to people's lives, but especially from those with lived experience.
- Female Support Worker
- Stratford, London
- £22,409 per annum (pro rata) + £1,200 complexity payment
- Full and part time hours available
We are looking for Female Support Workers to work with us in Stratford, supporting a female adult in her own flat with autism, behaviours that challenge and other complex needs, you will be trained in Positive Behaviour Support and Active Support by our in-house teams.
The ideal people supporting her will have previous experience, not essential, and share an interest in her hobbies.
No two days are the same but your day might look like this!
- Supporting her to be engaged in all day to day living activities, including making full use of their community and beyond.
- Supporting her with social activities, and connecting with family and friends.
- Supporting the management of her finances.
- Keeping her home clean and fresh, and going shopping.
- Providing, and encouraging, personal care.
- And enjoying what you do!
Experience in social care is not essential, we provide a full range of accredited and award winning training programmes at no cost to yourself, including the Health and Social Care Diploma that will really support your career progression.
Benefits you can expect!
- Early Pay - ability to access your earnings more frequently if you wish.
- Paid enhanced DBS.
- Flexible working.
- Up to 28 days paid annual leave (pro rata).
- Access to high quality training that supports your career development.
- Contributory pension scheme with life assurance.
- Shopping discounts via Blue Light Card and The Bene£its website.
- Recommend a friend - earn up to £500.
- Free and confidential 24/7 access to the health portal and employee assistance programme.
As part of our commitment to the "Disability Confident Scheme", candidates who declare a disability, and meet the key criteria for this role, will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview stage.
There is a genuine occupational requirement for the holder of this post to be female in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.