Field Care Supervisor
Salary: £22,000 + Bonus + On-Call Payments
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Job Ref: DOVER/FCS/99
Nurseplus have an exciting opportunity for a Field Care Supervisor to join our homecare team based in Dover. If you have some experience in community care work and are now looking for some supervision and management experience, then the Field Care Supervisor role could be for you. Our Field Care Supervisors are predominately based out in the community and take responsibility for ensuring our service users are receiving the care and support they expect and deserve. You will be liaising with the Service User directly, both at the commencement of the service and for its duration. This will involve conducting assessments, writing care plans and reviewing on a regular basis how the service is delivered.
Benefits of the role:
- Salary £22,000 + bonus + on-call payments.
- Target driven bonus and incentive schemes.
- Mileage and expenses paid.
- Company-paid healthcare cash plans include free dental care, optical care, prescriptions, physio and more.
- Company discounts scheme for many high street retailers.
- Discounted gym memberships at over 3,000 sites.
- Employee assistance programme - 24-hour access to confidential advice and counselling.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- 28 days annual leave, rising every year up to 33 days + your birthday off
- Company sick pay scheme.
- Ongoing mentoring and training, including access to fully funded NVQ's and distance learning.
- A professional, but a fun working environment with a big emphasis on teamwork.
The main duties of the role:
- To make initial contact with new service users in order to assess their care needs and introduce them to our service.
- To undertake risk and manual handling assessments on new service users to ascertain their care requirements and the delivery of the package of care.
- To ensure that the assessment is updated annually or following any significant change, whichever is sooner.
- To write full care plans that reflect the needs of the service user, and the risk assessments, and review these as and when required.
- To meet care workers on a one to one basis for the purposes of direct supervision and keep written records on the content and outcome of each meeting.
- To maintain an effective system in consultation with the Branch Manager and your Quality Assurance Advisor for quality assurance management.
- Conduct quality monitoring telephone calls to service users to monitor the performance of care workers.
- Liaise with Social Services regarding service users as required and attend Social Services client reviews if required.
- To participate in an on-call roster providing and co-coordinating cover for unplanned absence to maintain the service.
What we are looking for in a successful candidate:
- A good communicator with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Excellent assessment skills and written skills.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to work on own initiative - able to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively.
- Good team player.
- Willingness to embrace change.
- Well organised with the ability to multitask.
- A Friendly, confident and helpful telephone manner.
- A person with a positive, focused attitude to enable targets to be met and exceeded.
- A full UK driving license
Nurseplus is a national company with a network of branches across the UK. We are committed to supporting our workforce to ensure they have the right skills to do their job and enable them to develop themselves and their careers.
If you have the skills and expertise described in the job profile, please submit your CV for consideration.