HPC Industrial and our Channelview, TX location has an opening for an full time Environmental Technician to work at a local customer facility. Our Technicians are responsible for the performance of tasks associated with handling, segregating, inspecting and distributing all chemical wastes in accordance with our company's policies and procedures while at the client site.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Performs inspections of staging, accumulating and storage areas to ensure proper housekeeping procedures and compliance;
- Inspects storage area for leaks or spills; Participate in spill response as needed;
- Make chemical pickups throughout customer facility as directed;
- Proper packaging of waste to maximize efficiency and maintain compliance;
- Inspects drums for compliance with labeling regulations;
- Conduct chemical bulking/consolidation as required;
- Safe loading and unloading of waste hauling vehicles;
- Collects, segregates, and properly packages waste chemicals for disposal to maximize efficiency and maintain compliance;
- Conduct waste stream sampling and profiling as necessary;
- Prepare all necessary tracking paperwork.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- 1+ years of hazardous waste handling experience a plus;
- Proficiency in Windows based applications preferred;
- Valid Driver's License and Clean Motor Vehicle Record;
- Ability to interface with customers.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors?
Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and
industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology - come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at .
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.