Overview $3,000 Sign-On Bonus! Sign on bonus applicable to external candidates only Starting rate $58,000
Due to recent expansion, the Jail Diversion Program is seeking dynamic police based social workers to co-respond with officers on a combination of evening shifts at the Belmont Police Department.
The Jail Diversion Program (JDP) Co-Response Clinician works in conjunction with the local police department to provide psychiatric and substance abuse evaluations to needing program participants.
Advocates is seeking an independent, motivated, enthusiastic clinical professional to join our expanding team!
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff. Are you ready to make a difference Minimum Education Required
Master's Degree Additional Shift Details
Monday-Friday 1-9pm Responsibilities
- Accompany first-responding officers to call-out situations, promoting an ethical, structured, healthy and helpful environment. Serve as clinical liaison to police department personnel.
- Provide psychiatric and substance abuse evaluation of individuals and families in crisis in police custody, community, clinic, and hospital settings.
- Provide crisis intervention services including crisis case management and short-term crisis counseling as follow-up from initial evaluation.
- Maintain linkages with community services by providing documented case consultations and problem resolution, and referring individuals to appropriate services.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of managed care and health insurance systems; provide other clinicians with managed care information and resources pertinent to the crises being managed.
- Participate in cross training of police personnel and JDP team members.
At Advocates, the health and safety of the people in our care, our employees, and the broader community is our top priority. Effective October 18, 2021, Advocates will require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e. both doses of Pfizer or Moderna, or a single dose of Johnson & Johnson.) Advocates is committed to cultivating a diverse and welcoming community where everyone feels respected and valued. Advocates fosters a culture of inclusion that celebrates and promotes diversity along multiple dimensions, including race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, partnered status, age, national origin, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, culture, and experience. Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
- Master's Degree in related counseling field and a minimum of two years experience in crisis intervention (inpatient, outpatient, resident acceptable).
- Must hold a valid drivers license and have access to an operational and insured vehicle.
- Excellent client intake, interviewing and assessment skills.
- Proactive, ethical, creative and enthusiastic approach and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain satisfactory working relationships with employees and providers.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday and complex situations, and actively listening
. We exercise independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and benefit of the Team. Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we serve. We put the individual first.
Apply Now! ()
Broadcast via Social Network Connect With Us! Job Locations US-MA-Belmont Minimum Education Required Master's Degree Job ID Type Regular Full-Time Number of Hours Per Week 40