A Lead Electronics Design Engineer is needed by a successful Technology company in the Gloucester area to lead a small Product Development Team
Reporting to the Engineering Director you will be responsible for overseeing the design & development of a range of class-leading, innovative and complex electro-mechanical devices.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- To lead and participate in implementing new product development and improving existing products as necessary.
- To coordinate and participate in the generation of all engineering documentation surrounding the product.
- To coordinate the verification activities required for the product.
- To identify and interface with suppliers for new component selection.
- To work alongside regulatory, quality and production engineering functions.
The successful candidate
You will need a degree in an Electronics, Software, Engineering or Scientific discipline and experience of leading and driving product development from conception to production. You will need 3 years managing a product development team, ideally within an electronics environment, and have worked in a quality focused or regulated systems environment.
- Demonstrable experience in managing a small team.
- Demonstrable experience of working on a wide range of technologies.
- Ability to lead and conduct design reviews (requires an understanding/appreciation of electronics, software and mechanical disciplines)
- Experience in design for Manufacture/Test/Safety/Reliability.
- A Wide experience of engineering design, preferably with an electronics or software background.
- An ability to participate in engineering activities when required.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Advanced communication skills, particularly describing ideas verbally and writing clear documentation is essential.
- Self-motivated and confident.
- Well organized.
- Good attention to detail.
This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to and manage the development roadmap of a suite of innovative high technology products. Please call Adam Jones at Major Technical or click Apply Now to send your CV if interested in learning more
Major Technical supplies Technical, Engineering, Manufacturing, Scientific, Procurement and Sales candidates to
Electronics Design and Manufacturing companies across the UK.
Major Technical acts as a recruitment agency for permanent placements and an employment business for contract and temporary placements