Apply for this job now
Legal - Environmental and Social Risk Management (ESRM) â€" Executive Director, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- Job Type
- 8 Sep 2022
Apply for this job now
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Department Profile - Legal and Compliance / ESRM
Professionals within Legal and Compliance provide a wide range of services to our business units. They might help to structure a complex and sensitive cross-border transaction; advise on a new product introduction; develop a training program or defuse an investor dispute. They preserve the firm's invaluable reputation for integrity and protect the firm from sanctions with policies and procedures that meet regulatory requirements around the world. They also strive to maintain cooperative relationships with governmental policy makers and the regulatory and self-regulatory agencies that govern the firm's businesses.
Specifically, the Environmental and Social Risk Management (ESRM) Group, which sits within the Legal and Compliance Division, is responsible for developing and implementing the firm's approach to identify and assess environmental and social risks across its businesses. Successful candidates will have experience in environmental and social issues as well as risk management or financial markets and will have an opportunity to contribute to further developing Morgan Stanley's environmental and social risk management approach.
• Support the Firm's Environmental and Social Risk Management approach by conducting environmental and social risk reviews for AsiaPacific and Japan regions
• Engage with business units on environmental and social risks, including developing and delivering training
• Lead engagements with external stakeholders on environmental and social considerations
• Provide project management support and collaboration on environmental, social and governance (ESG)-related initiatives
• Help develop APAC ESG framework, including advising on further development of environmental and social risk policies and procedures, ESG governance as well as best practices and emerging risk areas
• Support APAC ESG Steering Committee and other APAC ESG-related governance
• Track and advise on APAC ESG regulatory developments and international ESG regulatory developments that impact Asia
• Assist with responding to regulatory inquiries related to ESG matters
• As needed, support management of franchise and other governance processes, including attending meetings, preparing minutes, maintaining relevant databases
• Liaise with business risk management and deal teams on franchise issues, perform research and review background check reports to understand franchise risk issues impacting on proposed transactions
• Support Franchise escalation process specifically for ESRM in region
- Job Reference: 707120447-2
- Date Posted: 8 September 2022
- Recruiter: Morgan Stanley
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type: Permanent