Linux Systems Engineer (Secret Clearance)
Regional Area Cincinnati Metro Area
Primary Background Network/Infrastructure
Job Number: JN -
L3 Linux Systems Engineer (Cleared Space)
- Active Security Clearance Required
- Relocation Assistance Provided
The Senior Linux Engineer will participate inside an IT Solutions Team dedicated to building and supporting a secure network & hybrid datacenter located on a client site north of Cincinnati, OH.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide operations Change, Incident (Break-fix) and Problem management resolution and escalation support in complex Linux server environment by managing incident and change ticket queues.
- User account maintenance and troubleshooting
- Monitor and analyze servers to ensure they are stable and performing optimally
- Complex Server level troubleshooting and issue remediation
- Application availability and performance troubleshooting and issue remediation
- Working in a collaborative, team environment and communicate effectively
- Ability to quickly and accurately diagnosis technical issues
- Perform triage on all system and/or application related user issues to ensure resolution of the issue
- Act as Server and Server OS level SME for escalation of complex issues
- Responsible for Vulnerability management remediation
- Involved in ongoing server performance and capacity management issues
- Ability to deploy, conduct maintenance and troubleshoot domain, peer-to-peer and standalone environments
- Scripting, planning and execution of Change Management process
- Maintaining of existing or creation of support documentation including drawings, configuration backups, asset management, and SOPs
- Direct experience with configuration, maintenance and operating support of Linux Server level Support and Administration
- Direct experience in any Policy management (must for L3)
- Broad understanding of OS fundamentals, Linux system internals, computer hardware, and network protocols
- Familiarity with Centos/Red Hat distro.
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- The resources performing these duties will be onsite with client and must have CompTIA Security + CE, or be able to obtain within 6 months
- Experience in an ITIL enterprise environment is preferred
Requires DoD Security Clearance
Cincinnati Bell Technology Solutionsprovides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.