We Are Hiring:
****$10,000 SIGN ON BONUS- NIGHT SHIFT!!****
Title: LPN/LVN Licensed Practical Nurse
Schedule: FT day 12 hour shifts; 7am - 7pm
Facility: Ascension Living Providence Village
Location: Waco, Texas
Schedules may include hours on some weekend and some holidays.
For us at Providence Village, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands our residents so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve. So, if you're looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team by applying today!
Providence Village is one of the area's most complete long-term care facility offering Independent Living, Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing, Rehabilitation, and Memory Support. We offer a full range of services in a caring, residential setting designed to meet the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of each resident.
- One Ascension: We are One Ascension. We share a drive to care for people and provide the best possible outcomes for our residents. Personalize care is our calling and teamwork is the way we provide it.
- Compensation/Benefits: We care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance. In addition, you have an opportunity for advancement or relocation throughout your career with us.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talent and thought; while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good, patients and associates.
- Teamwork: Our open, highly collaborative work environment allows associates to identify and share ideas across disciplines so we can all give better care.
What You Will Do:
As an LPN/LVN at Ascension Living Providence Village you will provide basic bedside care to long term care patients under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN) or physician, functioning within scope of license.
- Contribute to the assessment of patients by collecting data for analysis by a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Administer medications and observe patients for adverse reactions to medications or treatments.
- Perform routine laboratory tests and simple therapeutic services.
- Educate patients/families about disease treatment plan including self-care post discharge, holistic health needs, available resources and follow up care.
- Assure resident safety by identifying safety hazards and emergency situations and initiate corrective action as appropriate.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date. American Heart
Association or American Red Cross accepted.
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High School diploma equivalency or 1 year of applicable cumulative job specific experience required.
- *Note: Required professional licensure/certification can be used in lieu of education or experience, if applicable.
Why Join Our Team:
As a subsidiary of Ascension, Ascension Living is committed to providing services, amenities, opportunities and support, so seniors can enjoy living healthier and happier, at every age and at every stage.
We're the second-largest nonprofit system in the U.S. Our living choices include independent living, assisted living, memory care, short-term rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing care.
More than 10,000 adults live in our 54 senior living communities, which are located in 12 states, and Washington, D.C. Also, more than 5,500 associates are employed by Ascension - professional, compassionate individuals who believe in empowering people to age successfully.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2019, Ascension provided $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes more than 150,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care - including 150 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 20 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including clinical and network services, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Living is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension Living will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension Living will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.