If you're searching for a rewarding and fulfilling career opportunity, look no further. Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside Tower Hamlets to appoint talented Mayor's Advisors on a Contract basis.
As a Mayor's Advisor you'll play a vital role in managing and developing the strategy in relation to Somali Community, Women & Equalities, Social Inclusion and Sports & Wellbeing
The ideal candidate will be forward thinking, driven and determined to make a difference!
If that sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
About the roles
Based in Tower Hamlets you will be tasked with delivering key strategic objectives including, by role:
Somali Advisor: (part time, 3 days per week)
- To advise and support the Mayor on all matters relating to the Somali community of Tower Hamlets.
Women & Equalities Advisor: (full time)
- Advise the Mayor on developing initiatives, projects and work programmes in relation to women and equalities groups eg LGBTQ+ groups, disabilities groups, BAME groups.
- Work with the Corporate Management Team (CMT), Service Heads, the Mayor's Advisors, Mayor's Head of Office, Mayor's External Relations Advisor and the Mayor's Political Assistant, to advise the Mayor and Cabinet Members on the coordination, progression, completion and communication of the delivery of the Mayor's priorities, projects and initiatives across the council as they relate to women and equalities groups.
Sports & Wellbeing Advisor: (part time, 2 days per week)
- Advise on the delivery of school sports and physical activity (PE lessons) across all Key stages and understand the quality of delivery
- Understand and identify the gaps in delivery of sports and wellbeing services from a strategic level
- Advise on the importance of early intervention and the impact on later engagement in sport
Social Inclusion Advisor: (full time)
- Engage on the ground with civil society groups across the Borough, with a focus on groups at risk of social exclusion. The social inclusion advisor would be a first point of contact for those groups wanting to make contact with the Mayor.
- Advise & support the Mayor on effective implementation of social inclusion across Tower Hamlets.
- Advise the Mayor on promoting council services & creating targeted awareness of services to those who are socially excluded.
About youThe ideal candidate for this position will have:
- A strong skill set in the role that you would like to apply for
- A keen interest in, and knowledge of, the Social values and diversity of Tower Hamlets
About the company
You'll be working for Tower Hamlets Council a high profile local government body focussed on only the best outcomes for its residents and stakeholders.
What's on offer
- Salary: £200-£300+ per day Inside IR35 (negotiable)
Please submit your CV with the rate you require
- Overtime: no options available
- Contract type: 3-6 month minimum, likely to extend
- Hours: 09:00-17:00 Monday to Friday
How to apply
- Please send your CV clearly indicating which role you would like to apply for.
- Once your CV is received, if you are successful you will be contacted.
- Due to the extremely high number of applications, it may not be possible to contact every applicant. As such, if you are not contacted please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
About Spencer Clarke Group
Here at Spencer Clarke Group, we pride ourselves on connecting you with the best career opportunities; our experienced Consultants have extensive market knowledge and will also provide expert career advice along the way.
When you join us, you will receive:
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency professionals