As part of CME Group's Global Data Licensing & Services team, the Manager, Derived Data Licensing & Partner Services will be responsible for growing CME Group's Derived Data customer base and driving revenues from new and existing customers that are using or plan to use CME Group market data to create derived works/products. He/she will take ownership of the entire customer development and licensing lifecycle from the initial stages of client engagement to post-sales relationship management. This position will identify and prioritize key targets as well as develop strategies and tactics to capitalize on recognized growth opportunities.
The position requires a keen understanding of how financial market data is used to create and develop financial products and services such as Indexes, Structured Products (e.g. ETFs, ETNs, etc.), Contracts for Difference (CFDs), Valuation Services, References etc. as well as the target customer segments that use them. He/she will also play a lead role in creating and implementing a vision for customer product innovation, pricing, marketing, and organic and inorganic growth opportunities. The candidate will be required to provide extensive coordination, leadership, and teamwork with senior level management across all departments internally (e.g., Sales, Marketing, Research, Business Line Managers, Business Development, etc.) and externally through customer networks and relationships. The Position will be responsible for:
- Offering in-depth knowledge of financial product creation based on the use of CME Group market data as well as the targeted customer segments creating these financial products.
- Generating new business and managing existing customer pipeline while building valuable customer relationships.
- Educating existing and prospective customers about the benefits and opportunities CME Group market data provide to financial institutions, traders, risk managers, and other customers.
- Developing and managing the execution of detailed business plans and special projects, ensuring that all financial goals are met or exceeded.
- Actively engaging CME Group's Client Development & Sales and Business Line Managers to ensure full alignment of the Derived Data strategy with the initiatives across these adjacencies.
- Applying comprehensive understanding of industry issues to advise on the future direction of CME Group's Global Derived Data strategy.
- Evaluating, analyzing, and utilizing all available/applicable information to improve/optimize strategic decision making.
- Understanding the different ways in which CME Group market data is used to create new derived works/products - including how those products work and their value proposition to end user clients.
- Working with and developing relationships with other business units globally to effectively analyse key client behaviours.
- Researching, investigating and documenting usage of CME market data in the creation of derived data works/products in advance of engaging with clients and prospects as part of the KYC process.
- Engaging with the appropriate market data/business contacts at each client and prospect, detailing expectations around market data usage and thoroughly understanding the full use of CME Group market data in the creation of derived works/products by the client.
- Lead and Manage with conviction and integrity, modeling professionalism, dedication, fairness and respect in the workplace.
- 3-5+ years of experience in financial industry market data management, data licensing, or data sales. Knowledge and experience in financial product creation with exposure to the development of indexes and other structured products (ETFs, ETNs, etc.) is preferred.
- Knowledge of market data pricing and licensing models across the financial industry (e.g. exchanges, calculation agents, index providers, etc.) is preferred.
- Prior experience working with financial industry clients, such as Asset Managers and/or Banks to facilitate their market data needs across trading, investment and risk management.
- Demonstrates knowledge of data consumer and data vendor firms globally, including (but not limited to) major and niche information vendors, investment banks, online trading platforms, high frequency and proprietary trading firms.
- Maintains a keen sense of business acumen and demonstrates advanced negotiating skills with the ability to navigate challenging engagements with customers and to come to mutually acceptable outcomes while preserving or even enhancing the customer relationship.
- Proven background in analysing, designing and implementing processes and policies to improve efficiencies and achieve desired objectives with a strong bias towards continuous improvement.
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and execute responsibilities to meet or exceed team objectives.
- The candidate will be required to regularly interact with external customers and potentially service providers they are assigned to.
- A strong relationship builder who is clear in articulating the values, expectations and polices of CME Group is essential to the function.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) with advanced degree preferred.
- Strong teamwork skills, with a demonstrated ability to interact effectively across organizations. Works well in a culture that encourages open communication, cooperation and the sharing of information.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group () is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.