BASIC PURPOSE :
Responsible for the operational and client relationship management of State Street Global Services operations teams.
Responsible for managing costs and ensuring appropriate resource allocation, both people and technology, to meet operational and servicing needs of clients. Lead and promote change managment and corporate strategy initiatives.
Provide assistance to senior management in providing best practice implementation, risk management, client relationship and client services to clients. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES :
Staff Management and Resourcing
- Manage overall headcount and resourcing to budget for area of responsibility
- Communicate corporate strategies and core objectives to all staff.
- Ensure that recruitment, training, performance management and salary/bonus strategies are managed/achieved
- Completion of Performance and Planning Reviews (PPR), in line with corporate policy, for all direct reports, including the setting of goals and objectives and individual development plans
- Create an environment which promotes teamwork, motivates, rewards and supports staff
- Direct report managerial development, coaching and succession planning
- Ensure appropriate resources and support, including training and industry sessions, are available to enable staff to achieve business and personal objectives
- Ensure staff are trained in line with local regulatory and accreditation requirements
Client Service / Relationship
- Keep current on the account status of customers (internal / external) and 3rd party agents; participate in the resolution of high level problems as required
- Develop strategies that will improve efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Ensure that timely feedback is provided to internal servicing units and 3rd party agents via the relevant relationship owners
- Ensure that annual reviews are completed of active SLA's with Global Services Hong Kong. Ensure open items are monitored and regular updates are received from operational managers
- Develop and sustain relationships by initiating communication on a regular basis
- Monitor internal service delivery levels against established standards;
- Ensure that Global Services operations units, State Street custody operations & SSGM operations are informed of changes in processes and market requirements
Risk and Compliance
- Ensure full compliance with State Street's Corporate Policies, Standard Operating Procedures, relevant legislation and regulatory requirements
- Ensure the departments risk profile is continually assessed and monitored (Operational, Fiduciary, Documentary and Reputational). Work with the management team to eliminate deficiencies, detect major areas of risk and implement best practice processes.
- Ensure completion of management and risk reporting, ensure the reporting reflects the businesses risk profiles and, key performance and risk indicators.
- During the course of normal day to day operations, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and reporting and/or escalating in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines details in relevant operating procedures
- Primary point of contact for all internal / externals audits; findings are to be assessed, actioned and non recurring
- Ensure a business continuity plan for areas of responsibility is in place. Invoke contingency procedures as required. Communicate actions to senior management and business continuity manager.
- Assist with the preparations of the departments budget; monitor and analyse budget and expenses
- Review and analyse the costs (direct / indirect) associated with the services provided by the department; work to increase efficiencies and reduce costs
- Lead and promote change management and corporate strategy initiatives within Global Services (locally / globally)
- Active contributions to the local Global Services management team and global working groups.
- Adopt a proactive role in promoting local initiatives and capabilities across Global Services operations units and support units (i.e. security services, SSGM operations)
- Represent State Street Bank & Trust in industry groups; keep up to date on legislative and market requirements. Be aware of the impact of any changes on the groups operating model and client base
- Drive the development and execution of departments business planning and goal setting process
Products / Services Supported
REQUIREMENTS : Education and Experience
- HKD Correspondent for State Street Bank & Trust
- Regional Securities Trading Support
- Custody Payment Processing
- Funding - Secondary, Primary & Equity Trading Nostro Accounts
- Reconciliations and Investigations
- CLS Support - Control Branch & Custody 3rd Party
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Finance, Business or related field preferred
- 10 years experience in the financial services industry in particular treasury, broking and/or custody products
- Proven capabilities in operational and staff management (minimum 5 years experience)
- Extensive experience in the development and maintenance of relationships
- Ability to provide leadership, vision and direction for managers and staff
- Effectively communicate with clients and senior management, as well as staff and peers within State Street
- Demonstrate the ability to analyse a problem, obtain and evaluate information, and make sound decisions
- Good knowledge of Global Services & SSGM's product and services and; the working relationship between front and back offices
- The ability to make a strong contribution within a team environment
- AML Compliance
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
Embrace State Street's "corporate values"; create a work environment that inspires our staff to demonstrate