Psychiatric-Mental Health opening in Albany, Georgia.
This large physician group in southwest Georgia, along with, one of the state s largest Community Health Centers is seeking a board certified/board eligible Psychiatrist to provide behavioral health services in a primary care setting. The physician will prescribe, direct, or administer psychotherapeutic treatments or medications to treat mental, emotional, or behavioral disorders, and instructs medical support staff as needed.
Some of the duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Analyze and evaluate patient data or test findings to diagnose nature or extent of mental disorder.
- Collaborate with physicians, psychologists, social workers, psychiatric nurses, or other professionals to discuss treatment plans and progress.
- Design individualized care plans, using a variety of treatments.
- Gather and maintain patient information and records, including social or medical history obtained from patients, relatives, or other professionals.
- Counsel outpatients or other patients during office visits.
- Examine or conduct laboratory or diagnostic tests on patients to provide information on general physical condition or mental disorder.
- Review and evaluate treatment procedures and outcomes of other psychiatrists or medical professionals.
- Prepare and submit case reports or summaries to government or mental health agencies as requested.
- Prescribes and directs therapeutic activities
The practice is comprised of 27 locations, 26 clinical sites, a pharmacy, and one administrative
location. Additionally, our physician group includes over 70 providers that specialize in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Midwifery, Podiatry,
The Southwest Georgia region boasts uniquely attractive lifestyle features, including:
• Vibrant small-town communities with unique shopping and dining
• A wide array of residential options including several gated country club communities
• Year-round access to world-class outdoor activities including boating, hiking, hunting and fishing
• An abundance of family activities including thriving sports leagues and swim, tennis, and golf clubs
• Quick day-drive access to the bustling Atlanta metropolis to the north and the sandy beaches of the Florida panhandle to the south
• Easy access via a regional airport and quick connections through Atlanta s Hartsfield Airport to anywhere in the world.
• A truly affordable cost of living 20% less than the national average.
For more information, please contact Click Here to Apply