Senior Geospatial Systems Administrator
Job Category: Information Technology
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: TS/SCI
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required:
Type of Travel:
CACI has an outstanding opportunity for select Senior Geospatial Systems Administrators that want to make a difference in the defense of the nation by applying their talents and experience in a fast-paced dynamic environment in support of US Special Operations Command. The opportunities are limited to those that have the operational and technical experience, and skills to effectively apply IT practices in support of real-world operations enterprise. The candidate will be an integral part of a selective professional IT development team that directly supports the analysis during the operational planning cycle to support mission success. This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization and will be located in Fayetteville, NC.
The successful candidate will be part of a IT team responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of an enterprise system architecture to include associated geospatial databases, network equipment and software tools and applications. The team performs complex analysis, design and modification of GIS applications and databases and evaluation of new GIS hardware and software.
Specifically, the candidate will be required to maintain the enterprise systems architecture to include effective installation, configuration, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of the architecture. The candidate will serve as the face of the IT team with the end user to assist in the troubleshooting, maintenance, and development of solutions to meet the end users requirements. Technologies supported include ArcGIS, ArcGIS Server, SOCET GXP, OpenGeo Software Suite, Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Active Directory, NetApp Storage Solutions, VMWare, and Linux server software. The candidates experience and knowledge will be vital to system architecture backup and recovery plans, the implementation of security 4.5.2 protocols and patches, the monitoring of system health and loading and the administration of multiple servers, databases and storage solutions. Required:
- Shall perform advanced level planning, design, implementation, and maintenance of enterprise level architecture Have 8 years of progressive experience performing design, implementation, and maintenance of MS and LINUX operating systems within an enterprise architecture
- At least 2 years of experience within the past three years with Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Active Directory, VMWare, Linux server software, and have a high level of knowledge on storage solutions
- Shall be proficient in administering and deploying enterprise level open source and commercial off the shelf (COTS) GIS server equipment in support of intelligence organizations
- Shall be highly proficient in administering and deploying geospatial applications and intelligence related automation to support analytical efforts and product development
- Required to obtain and maintain currency of the appropriate level certification in accordance with DODD 8570.01
- Bachelor's degree with at least 10 years of additional experience
- supporting special operations automated desktop processing (ADP) management
- Additional years of general experience in the fields of support to targeting, intelligence systems architecture and geospatial systems experience are highly desirable
- Network+, Microsoft Certified Professional Server, Desktop and Active Directory certifications desired
- NetApp Certified Data Administrator (NCDA) certification desired.
As a federal contractor, CACI is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. As such, any offers of employment may be contingent upon COVID-19 vaccination or an approved accommodation. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status. What We Can Offer You:
- Weve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nations highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACIs unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
As a federal contractor, CACI is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status.