Senior Operations ManagerJob ID: Amazon UK Services Ltd.Job summary
Operations is at the heart of Amazon customer experience. Each action we undertake is done on behalf of our customers, as our goal is to meet their expectations.
The role of senior Operations Manager is a critical position and delivers huge impact both on the customer experience and on bottom line performance within the Site. Reporting directly to the General Manager of the building, you will be providing motivational and inspirational guidance to Operations and Area Managers, helping them develop themselves, their teams and every aspect of their departments.
For more information about Amazon Operations in the UK, please feel free to visit:
- Overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of all site Operations functions
- Maintain health and safety standards within area and promote a positive health and safety culture on site
- Identify and drive positive process improvements for the business
- Ensure site practices are fully compliant with legislation and policy
- Mentor, train and develop teammates for career progression and learning
- Measure and evaluate the departmental goals and all work processes
- Partnership with different teams to develop new operating opportunities
- Ownership of all key metrics and site scorecard - Safety, Engagement, Quality, Delivery & Productivity.
- Drive engagement and alignment towards a common goal
About the team
What we offer:
- Super-fast and dynamic environment
- Opportunities to start new initiatives
- Ability to initiate innovation
- Ability to influence on a global level
- Opportunities to streamline organisations and be part of a unique journey
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Direct experience managing teams and managers in complex matrix organisations
- Direct experience managing cross-functional stakeholders
- Business acumen in order to drive the business towards meeting specific Operations goals
- Continuous improvement experience (Lean Six Sigma/Kaizen)
- Management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment preferred; other industries are also welcomed.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice ( ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial (tel: ). If calling from Ireland, please dial (tel: ).