Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? Thats the power of data in motion in actiongiving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, were building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
Were looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluents enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we growwhether youre just starting out in your career or managing a large team, youll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
Confluent Solutions Marketing strives to bridge the gap between technology and business with compelling solution-centric messaging. This team is responsible for creating clear and compelling narratives through the lens of use cases to accelerate consistent selling and solutions delivery, drive ecosystem mindshare and accelerate customer adoption, expansion and revenue for the business.
Confluent is looking for an experienced professional with a blend of product marketing, strategy, and GTM skills to fill a highly visible role for our Product Marketing team. As a Product Marketing Manager for industry solutions and master storyteller, you will play a critical role in defining and marketing the many use cases customers achieve using Confluent offerings for financial services. In this position, you will become an expert in your domain, developing and executing integrated messaging and positioning. The ideal candidate will be an individual with a strategic mindset, strong capability to understand the business value of technology, and experience creating compelling solution-based messaging. You will also be an excellent writer and presenter, able to communicate value to various audiences, including executives. You will work in close alignment with sales, demand generation, product management, and client services teams to drive cross-functional alignment and execution. You will conceive innovative marketing programs to generate market awareness, drive demand and enable sales success. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and link technical products and features to customer pain points and business benefits is crucial.
We are seeking a results-oriented team player who is passionate and knowledgeable about the modern technologies deployed by cloud-centric companies -- someone who is ready to make a substantial impact for a disruptive technology company transforming data architectures at enterprises on their cloud-native journey. What You will Do:
What You will Bring:
- Partner cross-functionally to spearhead go to market planning and execution for Confluent solutions for the financial services sector
- Develop and constantly refine a Confluent POV for IT and business leaders
- Create targeted high-quality content to highlight the benefits of confluent solutions, including presentations, solution briefs, case studies, ebooks, white papers, videos, blogs, sales tools, and webcasts
- Work closely with the Marketing team to permeate product messaging across the web and other customer-facing communication vehicles
- Support funnel growth activities with thought leadership content such as editorials, blogs, white papers, press releases, SEO campaigns, and industry and partner events
- Analyze customer, market and industry requirements and trends, in addition to field requirements and deliver high-impact sales tools, enablement, and training
- Present to external audiences including customers, prospects, and industry analysts, as well as to internal audiences, including colleagues and executive management
- Interact with customers to gain insights and help perfect your own strategy
What Gives you an Edge:
- 3+ years of PMM experience at a tech B2B enterprise software or SaaS company preferably with an industry marketing focus
- Strong messaging skills, specifically the ability to succinctly communicate customer pain points and tie them to the feature/function of the product to highlight the business value
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally across PM, sales, engineering, marketing and enablement teams to develop and execute go-to-market activities that drive business performance and adoption
- Someone comfortable speaking in front of an audience and presenting to executives
- Critical thinker who looks for the why behind the decisions being made to ensure we do the right thing for our customers
- Team player who collaborates and thrives on cross-functional team wins
- Highly proactive, self-starter capable of independently leading projects
- Enthusiastic about developing plans, but just as happy to roll up your sleeves to execute
- A love for storytelling in a simple, thoughtful, and visual manner
Come As You Are
- Direct experience working in enterprise IT within financial services or other key industries enabling you to bring the true voice of the customer
- Experience in Sales Engineering or Consulting delivering solutions for the financial services market
- Experience bringing innovative, industry-leading, category-defining tech products to market
- Outstanding narrative and storytelling skills
- Worked with open-source technology
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice () , which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.