We are a leading global asset management firm with over 3,000 employees across 20 offices in 15 countries; we help millions of investors around the world pursue their financial goals.
We hire critical thinkers. People who thrive in a collaborative culture like ours where we solve real problems while building the future of finance. You
- Are excited to be part of a vibrant engineering community that values diversity, hard work, and continuous learning.
- Love solving complex real-world business problems.
- Recognize that cross-functional collaboration is a core component of success for the team.
- Believe there are multiple ways to solve most technical problems and are willing to debate the trade-offs.
- Have become a stronger engineer by making mistakes and learning from them.
- Are a doer, someone who wants to grow their career and gain experience across technologies and business functions.
- Continuously invest in a high-performance and inclusive culture, in which a diversity of backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are celebrated and valued.
- Encourage career mobility, so you can benefit from learning different functions and technologies, and we gain the benefits of your experience across teams.
- Run technology pro bono programs that help the non-profit community and give our engineering community opportunities to volunteer and participate.
- Offer education reimbursements and ongoing training in technology, communication, and diversity & inclusion.
- Embrace knowledge sharing through lunch-and-learns, demos, and technical forums.
- Consider our people to be our greatest asset-we will help you learn what PIMCO Technology has to offer so you can participate in activities that benefit your career while delivering impactful technology solutions.
We are seeking a skilled C++ developer who will work as part of the technology team to build (new features), optimize and support the existing security level risk models that are used across the firm. Candidate will work closely with Analytics team for requirements gathering and will be responsible for delivering the expected features. Candidate is also expected to lead and support the ongoing platform transformation project for these applications to AWS.
- Understanding Business requirements and developing software solutions for complex analytics financial applications, taking care of high data volumes.
- Keeping up to date with C++ standards and advancements in application development.
- Co-ordinate with internal partners such as Analytics and Technology Operations to determine scope of development projects and ensure Service Level Agreements are met.
- Collaborate with core engineering and architecture teams to ensure that application development is done as per platform standards.
- Constantly look for opportunities for technical improvements and scalability to the applications.
- Overseeing planning and management for all business-critical technology processes and functions, including systems design, software development, software testing, disaster recovery etc.(Specific to the Application)
- Minimum 6-8 years of professional experience working in the investment management or software development role/domain.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent. A higher degree in Computer Science or engineering is desirable.
- Strong OOP skills with proficiency in C++ is required.
- Intermediate SQL/Database Query experience required.
- Strong analytical ability to learn independently from the code /reverse engineer.
- Some exposure with C++ build process and deployment (Git, CI/CD) is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- AWS exposure is required as the firm is in the process of migrating these applications to AWS.
- Exposure to finance (degree/CFA/work experience) is a plus
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office