About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse & inclusive team where you will feel valued & inspired to contribute your unique skills & experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) delivers a comprehensive suite of banking, capital markets & advisory solutions, including a full complement of sales, trading & research capabilities, to corporate, government & institutional clients. We focus on our clients' overall financial needs, with consideration & respect for their total relationship with Wells Fargo. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on institutional, government, & large corporate clients. Summer Analyst Program 2023
The program duration is 10 weeks starting in late May 2023 & is designed to provide you with the unique opportunity to discover our CIB business, culture & how we collaborate to deliver solutions for our clients. The program offers organized activities such as classroom training & networking opportunities to boost your professional development.
In addition to working alongside employees who are experts in their respective products & coverage, you will complete a major project & present to a panel of senior leaders at the end of the program.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include the following for the Financial Institutions business line: In this role, you will:
- Participate in formal internship program and workshops for low complexity initiatives within Internship Program
- Review various assignments to become familiar with policies and procedures for which answers can be quickly obtained, related to low-to-medium risk tasks and deliverable
- Receive direction from a manager and exercise independent judgment while developing understanding of compliance and risk management requirements for the supported area
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
We are looking for students who can demonstrate a combination of academic aptitude, critical thinking & excellent communication skills. Students from all majors & who have the personal traits below are invited to apply:
This job requisition is for students applying for Banking - Financial Institutions Group (Singapore) only. We Value Diversity
- Demonstrable interest in financial markets & starting a career in Asia Pacific
- A personality that is energetic, flexible, organized, conscientious, proactive, & detail-oriented
- An ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines & achieve goals, all whilst working in a dynamic & complex environment
- Demonstrable sense of personal accountability & urgency for achieving results
- Proficiency in both English & a regional language
- Studying towards completing a Bachelor's degree or above with an expected graduation between December 2023 & May 2024
- Students who can work in our Singapore offices without a visa (Note, any international travel costs to or from Singapore to participate in the program will not be reimbursed by Wells Fargo)
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.