Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Surgical Services Technician you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Hospital Stone Oak which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Surgical Services Technician where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Surgical Services Technician performs a variety of delegated tasks under the supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN) in a complementary and assistive role. Consistently applies knowledge of perioperative cleaning practices and assists the perioperative patient care team with maintaining a clean, well organized, adequately stocked and safe patient environment.
What you will do in this role:
- Transports patients from unit to OR taking care to check the pre-op checklist is complete before transport.
- Assists OR team in the set up of equipment to include transporting machines, tanks and related peripheral supplies.
- Cleans and cares for equipment when not in use, ensures equipment remains plugged-in and covered. Ensures all equipment is functioning properly and reports machine/equipment malfunctions to the unit manager.
- Assists in the pre-operative and intra-operative positioning of patients.
- Provides support services to staff to include running errands as directed by the RN Circulator or Anesthesiologist (i.e. between lab, supply room, blood bank, etc.) to assist with smooth operation and coordination of care for surgical services patients.
- Performs room turnover and assists with other housekeeping functions as directed.
What qualifications you will need:
- High School Graduate / GED
- Previous PCA, nurse's aide or orderly experience in a healthcare setting preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is equipped with the most modern technology available. With over 280 beds, services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, neonatology, oncology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and acute rehab services.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is accredited by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center and Chest Pain Center. The stroke rehabilitation program has received the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for Disease-Specific Care Certification of Stroke Rehabilitation. We belong to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. Our surgeons and technology offer minimally invasive options to patients. Surgeons from around the country come to train under our world class team. The hospital has been recognized by Leapfrog's Hospital Safety Grade A and by Modern Healthcare as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare. We have also been recognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®. Finally, by as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. The hospital is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive 's 5-star rating. Join our team to be part of the innovation.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Surgical Services Technician opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.