Are you looking to start a great career with an industry leading company? SGN can provide bespoke support and training for a period of up to 3-years, (dependant on your existing qualifications and experience) providing you with the skills you need to be a qualified Craftsperson in the Gas industry.
If you haven't heard of SGN before, chances are we are already connected to you in some way the gas flowing to homes and businesses across the South of England, Scotland, and some areas of Northern Ireland is being transported by us!
This is an exciting time for you to join SGN as we are currently paving the way in cutting edge research and development towards a net zero energy system and a more sustainable future. We're on a journey to transform the future of gas and we're looking for people who are keen to learn and who think outside the box.
You will be trained to become a fully qualified E&I Craftsperson, responsible for the operation and maintenance of the Electrical and Instrumentation equipment and installations, connected with the gas supply network. Your day will involve the installation, commissioning, maintenance, fault finding and repair on a wide range of equipment, for example:
- Telemetry and Electrical systems
- Pressure and flow monitoring
- Gas quality systems
- Safety systems
- Security systems
- Power supply and generation
This role works across a large geographical area, and you will be working as part of a team as well as on your own, depending on the work you are doing. You will be expected to participate in a standby rota to deliver a 24/7 out-of-hours emergency support service.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- You will have a clear career path to becoming an expert in the gas industry
- Unique and tailor-made training with continuous ongoing support
- Joining an award-winning company who genuinely cares about people, career development, and a more sustainable future
- Excellent starting salary with increase during training, and a further increase on completion of 3-year training programme (as referenced above)
- Retail & leisure discounts
- Discounts on mobile phone contracts
- Gym Membership Discounts
- HolidayPlus scheme to increase annual leave
- Pension contribution with life assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme to support mental health, and MyMindPal app for mental fitness and emotional wellbeing
- Other benefits including Cycle to work, Salary Finance Financial advice, and virtual GP
- Internal promotions and opportunities are available
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
You will need to have enthusiasm and a willingness to learn, with a logical approach to fault finding and problem solving. We're looking for highly motivated individuals who are well organised and able to work to deadlines and targets.
NVQ level 2 (or above) in electrical / electronic engineering or equivalent is preferable as a start point, along with a technical, practical, electrical aptitude and an eye for detail. IT literacy and a responsible approach to Health and Safety is also relevant, as well as good communication is also important in order to work effectively on SGN's behalf.
Please note this role also requires a full driving license. We will accept applications from those currently learning to drive who will obtain a license during their training.
We are open to receiving applications from people who do not meet these requirements as we will provide our own specialised learning and development programme.
MORE ABOUT SGN
In short, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses.
Come and be a part of world leading energy company!
We're quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation
SGN are proud to employ over 4,000 individuals with a wide range of experiences, backgrounds, and beliefs. We are committed to providing an environment full of diversity and inclusion where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based upon age, disability, ethnicity, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, religion, pregnancy, paternity and maternity, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristics.